August 20 - “Sing!" - Rev. Margie Allen
A reflection on joyful noises, warnings and seductions.
Humanist Discussion Group Planning Meeting - Tuesday, Aug. 15
We plan to meet at 7:00 p.m. on Tues. Aug. 15 in the Yellow Room at UUFSB to consider possible discussion topics to start the new UUFSB year on Tues. Sept. 19. Everyone is welcome! Possible topics suggested so far include:
- Why more Americans are becoming secular
- Why we are struggling with church/state separation
- The rise of politics in religious communities
- The struggle with class in Unitarian Universalism
- The UUA "Statement of Conscience on Economic Inequality"
- How we as UU's should deal with political diversity among our members
- “Many politically conservative Unitarian Universalists who love our theological diversity, and our anti-oppression outreach, struggle to find a hospitable welcome within our ranks.”
- Groups tend to develop a negative feeling toward the other. This is known as “othering”, a process in which others become mentally classified as “not one of us.” For UUs who are the others?
Essentrics Fall Session Is Announced
Essentrics is a full-body stretch program that simultaneously lengthens and strengthens muscles and is suitable for both women and men of all fitness levels. Starting in mid-September, we will be holding classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please click here for details and the complete schedule.
If you are interested in Unitarian Universalism, we hope you’ll visit us to learn more. If attending our services doesn’t fit your life, you might want to investigate the Church of the Larger Fellowship, a virtual congregation of Unitarian Universalists, with more than 3,500 members around the U.S. They hold online services on Sundays at 8 p.m., and on Mondays at 9 a.m. or 1:30 p.m.
You can find them at clfuu.org.
Video of our 50th Anniversary Service and Dedication Ceremony
A video of the full service from our special anniversary service and the building dedication on October 21, 2012 is posted on our website. The video is quite large and may take a few minutes to load. Go to http://uufsb.org/worship-service-videos.