The UUFSB Board of Trustees, based on recommendations from our Pandemic Response Team, would like to announce the newest COVID guidelines for Sunday Services, beginning September 11, 2022, with the following parameters:
- The congregation will be masked during the service; they may take their masks off during coffee hour.
- Singers may be unmasked when they sing if they have a negative rapid test that morning or a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours. (“Singers” does not refer to folks in the congregation who are singing along to the hymns, but to those who are participants in the service.)
- Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test will no longer be required.
- These protocols will be evaluated at least monthly.
Basic health precautions are strongly encouraged. Here are simple guidelines for all of us to follow:
- If you suspect or know you have been exposed to the virus, it is necessary to isolate yourself from others for five days to reduce transmission. After exposure, you can be contagious without showing symptoms or testing positive.
- If you have cold or flu-like symptoms such as a new cough, headache, and/or sniffling, it is important that you attend the service from home via YouTube.
- We will continue to require masks during services, covering the nose as well as the mouth. It is recommended that you continue to wear a mask during coffee hour when inside. The best form of prevention may be wearing an N-95 or KN-95 mask. All children and youth aged two and older will be required to wear masks when in the sanctuary during services. Children’s masks will be available at all services involving children and youth.
- It is recommended that you get vaccinations and boosters when they are available.
To join the service remotely via live streaming on YouTube, please click on the link on the home page on Sunday morning at 10:30 a.m.