The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship at Stony Brook is a religious community that seeks diversity, individual spiritual growth, and social and economic justice.
By the end of the year 2017, the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship at Stony Brook will have accomplished the following:
- Be known in our community as a center for religious and spiritual exploration;
- Be intentional in honoring our seven principles by putting our caring and compassion for others into action;
- Have substantial growth in membership and have achieved greater diversity in our membership in terms of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and age;
- Have substantial growth in participation in our worship services, religious education, and all other congregational activities;
- Be intentional in our actions and decisions so that we will be in harmony with the earth and the interdependent web of existence;
- Be financially secure so that we can better meet the needs of our congregation and enable us to more fully promote our seven principles through social action and outreach.
-- December 2007