Click here to view a short video in which our certified Essentrics Instructor Kay Aparo explains the program and its benefits. Several Essentrics class participants also talk about what the program means to them.
Video by Nick O'Brien
Miranda Esmonde-White is the creator of the Essentrics® Technique, which she demonstrates on her PBS TV series, Classical Stretch. This #1 rated fitness show is in its eighteenth season in America. Esmonde-White’s latest book, Aging Backwards: Fast Track, is an easy-to-follow formula that makes age reversal faster, smarter, and more effective.
- Essentrics Aging Backwards: Designed to help regain mobility, eliminate pain, and gently strengthen the full-body. This class has a moderate pace and divides between standing, barre (chair), and floor work. It draws on movements inspired by the scientific research of physical therapy, the flowing moves of tai chi, and the strengthening theories behind ballet.
- Essentrics Aging Backwards - Gentle: A slower, relaxed, full-body stretch workout that focuses on increasing mobility, flexibility, and relieving chronic aches, pains, and joint stiffness. Routines have the option of being done seated or with the support of a chair. There is no floor work in this class and is ideal for those beginning to exercise after a long sedentary period.
- Essentrics Aging Backwards - Mixed: Essentrics Mix is a blend of Essentrics Aging Backward and its Gentle version. It is “half-caf”, if you will. The pace is a bit slower than a regular Essentrics Stretch class and the floor work is half-as-much and done at the very end of class. Those not wishing to move to the floor can receive modifications to do the exercises seated in a chair, perform a silent meditation, or end the class for the day. Options for how movements are performed are always available and left to the discretion of the student. Essentrics-Mix is perfect as a once-per week class or second class to another Essentrics program.
Winter 2020 Schedule
Essentrics full semester (12 classes) paid in advance is $144. A second class of Essentrics or Yoga is $100. If you want to take a Tai Chi class as your second class in the Meditative Arts Program, it would be $144. Individual classes in Essentrics are $15 each. First class is FREE for new students.
Essentrics Aging Backwards: 9:00 a.m.
Essentrics Aging Backwards - Gentle: 10:30 a.m.
- January 7, 14
- February 4, 11, 18, 25
- March 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
- April 7 (make-up class on April 14)
Essentrics Aging Backwards - Mixed: 10:30 a.m.
Essentrics Aging Backwards: 6:15 p.m.
- January 9, 16
- February 6, 13, 20, 27
- March 5, 12, 19, 26
- April 2, 9 (make-up class on April 16)
Kay Aparo is a certified NY Teacher and a Level 2 Essentrics/Classical Stretch Instructor. She is dedicated to teaching others how to rebalance, tone, and strengthen their bodies through Essentrics. Her intention is to help students become stronger, healthier and more energized so that they may enjoy all their favorite physical activities no matter what their age or fitness level.
For more information please contact Kay at 631-885-0907.