Click here to view a short video in which our certified Essentrics Instructor Kay Aparo explains the program and its benefits. Several Essentrics class participants also talk about what the program means to them.
Video by Nick O'Brien
Miranda Esmonde-White is the creator of the Essentrics® Technique, which she demonstrates on her PBS TV series, Classical Stretch. This #1 rated fitness show is in its eighteenth season in America. Esmonde-White’s latest book, Aging Backwards: Fast Track, is an easy-to-follow formula that makes age reversal faster, smarter, and more effective.
- Essentrics® Stretch (Classical Stretch as seen on PBS): a dynamic and deep, full-body stretch that works through all the joints and releases tight muscles. It draws on the movements inspired by the scientific research of physical therapy, the flowing moves of tai chi, and the strengthening theories behind ballet.
- Gentle Stretch: a slower, relaxed, full-body stretch workout that focuses on increasing mobility, flexibility, and relieving chronic aches, pains, and joint stiffness. Routines have the option of being done seated or with the support of a chair. There will be no floor work in this class. Ideal for those who are beginning to exercise after a long sedentary period.
Fall 2019 Schedule
Essentrics full semester (12 classes) paid in advance is $144. A second class of Essentrics or Yoga is $100. If you want to take a Tai Chi class as your second class in the Meditative Arts Program, it would be $144. Individual classes in Essentrics are $15 each. First class is FREE for new students.
Essentrics® Stretch: 9:00 a.m.
Gentle Essentrics®: 10:30 a.m.
- September 10, 17, 24
- October 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
- November 12, 19, 26
- December 3 (make-up class on December 10)
Essentrics® Mix: 10:30 a.m.
- September 12, 19, 26
- October 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
- November 7, 14, 21
- December 5 (make-up class on December 12)
Kay Aparo is a certified NY Teacher and a Level 2 Essentrics/Classical Stretch Instructor. She is dedicated to teaching others how to rebalance, tone, and strengthen their bodies through Essentrics. Her intention is to help students become stronger, healthier and more energized so that they may enjoy all their favorite physical activities no matter what their age or fitness level.
For more information please contact Kay at 631-885-0907.